WebOS is not an operating system in the real sense and it is just plain semantics. Web developers agree that the ease to entry of web OS is the critical feature as this will lead to a faster software development life-cycle. Web OS comes with capabilities for requirements management, resource discovery, security and authentication. Web OS can be able to affect the synergy of these functions in streamlining the development of broad applications and in providing a more efficient utilization of global resources. The framework of webOS creates a new model in Internet facility. It ushers in services that can be pushed out into remote Internet resources instead of just being limited to a fixed single location.
This mobile capability of webOS delivers a myriad of benefits which include:
- Improved end-to-end accessibility and availability
- Cost efficient performance
- Reliable burst performance
Under web OS, services will be able to handle increased demand for system document through replication that is dynamic in nature. The framework can easily do the process dynamically as opposed to the practice of other Internet service providers to run at third party sites.
On top of the synergy that is attained from a common framework for wide area system processes applications, webOS can also provide the following facility:
- Exhibits a mechanism in operating specific functionalities on remote machines
- Performs abstraction function of file systems with the attendant storage along a broad communication patterns
- Provides the opportunity for a logical caching program results via the file systems. This speeds up the processing system of applications especially those that execute programs repeatedly with similar inputs.
A point of concern of many is the observation that Internet growth is attributed to a certain extent to the absence of a central system control. This tends to create contradiction to the entire concept of operating system integration. In common practice, Internet protocols and applications are created and set up without the need for the intervention of any centralized management system. In fact, webOS is not an adherent to centralized control.
WebOS services simplify the system requirements of the broad applications. For instance, the TCP allows control of flow and reliable deployment over unreliable and congested medium. The success of TCP is mainly attributed to its ability to gain broad acceptance through convenient and simplified interface to the resources of the network.
Further, the simplification of the system to other resources can also be used in the same manner. This can be done by concealing the details of the consistency of the cache, authentication, fault tolerance and load balancing, etc.
The major components of webOS include:
- Resource discovery – this function of the framework are performed using Smart Clients. This provides the client machine with the essential and specific functionality.
- Broad area file system – It supports wide-scale sharing and replication.
- Authentication and security – It supports applications that operate across business operation boundaries.
- Process control – The framework operates under a secured system that require identity authentication from the requester and establishing the appropriate access levels.
You can read more about How to Build Successful Web 3.0 Web Site
You can read more about Next Generation of Internet Users